Friday, July 15, 2011

seventeen + eighteen


My husband's parents have always been generous with their excitement for the things I am doing. When they heard about Little Grey Line I could tell they loved the idea and the next time I saw them they brought a bag full of perfect shirts with them! 

I decided to start with this summer-plaid shirt because we will all be going to the beach for a week at the end of July and I wanted the cousins to wear something made from their grandfather's shirt. There are three cousins: Adeline, Tucker (2 1/2), and Reagan (9 months) so I used the shirt to make coordinating outfits. 

A full-skirt dress for Adeline with thick shoulder straps and an opening on the back made from the button placket off the front of the shirt. 




















A coordinating dress for Reagan using the plaid fabric for the bodice and denim for the skirt.  (She wears a size 12 months, so this dress is a little small for the dress form as you can see.)



And for sweet Tucker, who I didn't want to leave out, I decided to make a simple belt from the plaid shirt. 

 
My sister-in-law has a great camera so I will certainly update this post once we have some photographs of the cousins on the beach together. I can't wait to see them all in their clothes and I know their grandparents will be pretty excited, too.


1 comment:

  1. It is so going to be the cutest thing ever! I feel like I need to and find tucker some white shorts and a yellow polo! okay so maybe not white shorts, they wouldn't be white after the short walk across the street to the beach.

    ReplyDelete